As 2022 comes to a close, I have been reflecting on the amazing growth of Left Hand Agency. I'm specifically impressed by our team’s wealth of experience and knowledge. More than half of the LHA team started in December 2021. Most of us were strangers brought together to tackle exciting, challenging and daunting client goals.
Here is a look at some of the things we’ve learned in the past 12 months:
1. Remote work gives us all flexibility. It also gives our team the autonomy they deserve to develop their skills.
2. Our clients love learning with us, not just from us. When we bring them into the fold and discuss campaign decisions, the results are far more meaningful.
3. Expertise is a moving target. The advertising landscape is changing daily, particularly in the streaming space. Our team never stops learning.
4. Team building is tough when you are remote across time zones. Happy hour at 1pm PST? Why not?!
5. Let people find their lane. Our digital team started out working across all platforms but as expertise and passion emerged, so have their specialties. It's a win-win.
6. Create systems for repeat processes. We had very few systems in place when we embarked on this journey and the team has created these for everything - billing, reporting, campaign management and more. Streamlining our processes has increased productivity and reduced errors.
7. Our clients are amazing. We have 40+ clients and hundreds of client contacts. They each have product expertise and we respect the hell out of them.
8. What works in one market doesn't in another. Advertising is an art, not a science. You can't expect the same results in Tucson as you do in Houston.
9. Cross check everything. Check-in constantly and treat your client's money like it was your own.
10. Set boundaries and honor them. Our team members have lives of their own and we don't expect them to work around the clock. We can't promise our employees they won't have stressful days but if it's consistent, it's our problem to fix - not theirs.
To all our clients and partners, we appreciate you and are honored to work with you. Happy New Year and here's to big things in 2023!